NEW HOURS/BIDDING CHANGES
Effective March 16, 2020
Dear Valued Customer,
At EJ’s Auction & Appraisal, we’ve always strived to create a fun, high-energy bidding atmosphere at our full-service auction house in Glendale, Arizona. That’s why the recent developments with Coronavirus (COVID 19) have us concerned. We have always adhered to stringent cleaning and disinfecting standards, but we wanted to share a few updates as to how we’re making EJ’s even safer:
• We’re following recommended protocols outlined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) to ensure the safest possible conditions.
• We’ve increased sanitization efforts both in our auction gallery and in our warehouse.
• All of our staff wash and disinfect their hands after helping guests, and we have installed hand sanitizer stations for our guests’ use.
We are closely monitoring WHO, CDC, OSHA, and the ADHS for public safety updates. In addition, we are carefully monitoring the health of our employees and directing them to stay home if they are sick. Employees who become ill at work will also be directed to go home.
Temporary Changes for Bidders
Effective Saturday, March 21, our Saturday weekly auctions will be conducted live online with no live attendees in our facility.
• To participate in our weekly auctions, all bidders will be required to bid through our online portal or place absentee bids on Fridays during our preview.
• We will also accept absentee bids by email prior to the start of the auctions. This can be done by contacting our main office at (623) 878-2003 to request an online absentee form. Please contact us by 4 p.m. on Fridays with this request. We will email you a form, which will need to be returned to us via email by 9 a.m. on Saturdays.
• Phone bidding for our weekly auctions will no longer be available. Please contact the front office for absentee forms.
Monthly firearms and specialty auctions will continue to be live in-person and online.
In an abundance of caution, we’re also temporarily changing our preview hours:
• Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, EJ’s preview days/hours will change from three days to one day on Fridays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Our office will be open on Saturdays for pick up between the hours of 12 p.m. and 5 p.m., and we are extending our Sunday hours for pick up between the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Convenient Options for Consignors
EJ’s will continue to conduct free monthly Appraisal Days, with the next event slated for April 17. Free consultations for estate collections are also available and can be scheduled at your convenience in your home or at our office.
In addition, EJ’s recently launched an Instant Appraisal service for those wishing to get a quick assessment on single items. With this new online service, patrons can choose to purchase a Fair Market Valuation for a single item or an Insurance Valuation. These online appraisals are completed in accordance with USPAP, which means they adhere to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice rules and regulations. Each instant appraisal through EJ’s is accepted by The Appraisal Foundation, which is the nation’s foremost authority on the valuation profession.
We thank you for your patronage, and we encourage you to contact us with any questions.
Erik Hoyer, CAI, GPPA, CES, PRI
EJ’s Auction & Appraisal